Frequently Asked Questions
- Eligibility for all programs is determined by the grade you are entering in Fall 2020, except for the TK-5 Standards Skill Review program, which is determined by the current grade as of Fall 2019.
- We do not prorate any program. There are no exceptions.
- All registrations are done online.
- If you have a concern or question, email is the best way to reach us at email@example.com.
- If you need to access your account:
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER ACADEMY AND SPORTS PROGRAM
- The High School Summer Academy and Sports Program are for incoming students, grades 9-12, as of Fall 2020.
- Due to COVID-19, all High School Programs will be held virtually.
- Our High School Summer Academy is WASC accredited, and we are open to ALL residents inside and outside of the Beverly Hills Unified School District.
- Due to COVID-19, the High School Sports Program has been cancelled.
- Home Learning utilizes Google Classroom as the curriculum delivery platform to engage students using a variety of instructional strategies, such as live virtual face-to-face learning (google hangout/meet/zoom), live instruction using slides, prerecorded videos of lessons, workbook time, independent work, project work, group work, online resources (YouTube/Khan Academy/other video platforms), etc. These courses will be taught by a certified BHUSD teacher.Students must virtually attend the first and last day of class and follow any policy or terms outlined in their instructor’s syllabus. Home Learning courses are open to BHUSD AND Out-of-District Students.
- Our new Blended Learning courses offer flexibility to meet individual student needs, interests, and styles of learning. Instruction will be delivered through a mixture of technology and traditional face-to-face instruction. Students are required to virtually attend school on the first day of the semester at 9:00 am, schedule and virtually meet with their instructor regularly during the semester according to the teacher’s requirements to monitor progress, answer questions and support learning, and must virtually attend on the last day of the semester to take the final exam. The online curriculum of these courses will be delivered through platforms such as APEX Learning or UC Scout (using Canvas). In the event that a student needs extra support, a subject-specific teacher will hold virtual office hours for tutoring weekly (see more details in course catalog). Blended Learning courses are open to BHUSD students only.
- If you have a question regarding your student's eligibility for a particular class, please consult with a counselor first.
- Note that one day of summer school is the equivalent to more than one week of school during the regular school year. Please consult closely with your student's school counselor to determine if the fast-paced nature of summer school is the appropriate option for your student.
- Please note that as a private summer school there is no requirement for faculty to accommodate services identified in Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) or Section 504 Plans (504s), but we will assess this on a case-by-case basis. If your student has an IEP, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no guarantee that we will accommodate your student.
- If your student is an out-of-district student, please note the following:
- Their counselor must approve the class they intend to take at the Summer Academy prior to registration.
- To transfer the credits to their home school, a Transcript Request Form must be submitted
- Please note our Refund Policy and Attendance Policy prior to your registration. There are no exceptions to these policies.
MIDDLE SCHOOL BOOTCAMPS AND SPORTS PROGRAM
- The Middle School Bootcamps and Sports Program are for incoming students, grades 6-8, as of Fall 2020.
- Due to COVID-19, all bootcamps will be held virtually.
- The Middle School Bootcamps are open to ALL residents, inside and outside of the Beverly Hills Unified School District.
- Due to COVID-19, the Middle School Sports program has been cancelled.
- Please note our Refund Policy prior to your registration. There are no exceptions to this policy
TK-5 SUMMER ACADEMY
- The TK-5 Summer Academy is for incoming students, grades TK-5, as of Fall 2020.
- Due to COVID-19, all TK-5 Programs will be held virtually.
- Current 5th Grade students are welcome to participate in the TK-5 Summer Academy Standards Skill Review Program.
- Please note our Refund Policy prior to your registration. There are no exceptions to this policy.
The Beverly Hills Education Foundation does not discriminate in any manner against any person or persons on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Beverly Hills Education Foundation prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.